Utility Vehicles (UTV) come in different types and sizes. In as much as they are labelled utility vehicles, driving on some surfaces needs specialized tires either for easier navigation of the terrain or better performance. Then we have the All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV) that can navigate different types of terrain without a problem. Now that you already have an idea of what we are talking about allow me to introduce on my list five reviews of the Best UTV Tires that I think you should get.
To get the best outcome out of UTV tires, your selection should go beyond the looks. It is crucial to consider how and where you will use the tire. I will give you an overview of what to look for to get the Best UTV Tires for your vehicle.
Last update on 2018-01-21 PST - Details
How to Choose the Best UTV Tire for Your Specific Need
1. The Intended Use
You need to fully understand the intended use of your vehicle. This will guide you to pick the best tire for the specific task. Look at your environment and weather conditions. You may even ask yourself questions like, is the vehicle going to be used on rugged, rocky or hard terrain? Are you going to plough through mud most of the time? Or are in all-weather terrain?
2. Select the Correct UTV Tire Type
UTV tires exist in four different categories. They are categorized based on the surface they are designed for:
- Snow / Mud
- All weather / Trail
For those who are thrilled by speed and racing, navigating trails, and dunning, your selection should be the Racing and the sand tires. You may have a limited choice depending on the weather and terrain of your current environment, if that is the case, I would recommend the All-weather UTV Tire type. Farmers will go for snow or mud type and to some extent the All Weather Type.
3. Thread Design and Depth
Picking your thread design has everything to do with where and how you handle your vehicle and not the flashy design presented to you. UTV Tires with bias thread construction are good for steep inclines and rough terrain, while the radial thread type is convenient for a smooth ride on flat surfaces. Radial tires are expensive to repair compared to the bias ones, but they last longer.
Thread depth will help in stabilizing your car regardless of the terrain you are using. Deeper threads are suitable for poor or soft terrain should be. General use tire uses a thread of less than one inch; you will need something between 1-1.5 inches, anything more than 1.5 inches are recommended for extremely poor and soft environment.
4. Look at the UTV Tire Ply
Ply rating is the puncture resistance levels in every tire. Tire ply can also be used to determine the load capacity. The Standard four-ply rating will work on most surfaces and terrain. But if you are going in a mountainous region with a rough terrain, six-ply will serve you better because of the increased level of strength.
5. Know Your Vehicle’s Load Carrying Capacity
Your tire load capacity should be the same as the car’s load capacity, but to be on the safe side get one a bigger but reasonable load capacity. For instance, if your car has a load capacity of 1500 pounds make sure that the UTV tire has more 1500 pounds rated load capacity.
6. How Much Clearance Do You Need
You need to know the height, width and the rim diameter of your utility vehicle. This will help you decide on whether to increase the clearance and increase the center of gravity or get more speed with reduced clearance.
7. Understand the Bolt and Offset Pattern
Get a matching pattern that will not present any difficulties during installation and that they will match your car.
8. Rolling Resistance
If you are looking for a UTV tire that will not affect your top speed while at the same time reduce the ability of your vehicle to rollover, your best pick will be narrow and lightweight tires.
NOTICE: UTV Tires are practically heavier than regular tires. Most UTV Tires use centrifugal transmission system which affects overall vehicle performance and load bearing. If you are changing to UTV Tires, make sure that you recalibrate your clutch system to match the new tire requirements.
Benefits of Using UTV Tires
- They are good for hauling a huge weight. The vehicle that is used to haul heavy load needs UTV Tires because of their increased load bearing capacity.
- UTV Tires are specifically designed for high performance and endurance sports. They can withstand the pressure of a rough terrain efficiently.
- The best option that a farmer can have is installing UTV tires on their tractors for better traction and control when in muddy or soft grounds.
- They are durable even under the extreme and rough terrain.
- UTV Tires have greater mileage because of the design and weight
Best UTV Tires 2018 Reviews
Last update on 2018-01-21 PST - Details
Now we will go straight to the list of five tires that feature as my best UTV Tires for April 2017.
Famously known as the original Bearclaw. This tire guarantees you an easy ride on mud and snow. Its deep grooves are designed in an efficient way to enable self-cleaning thread. It allows for a vertical pitch and great handling response. Good steering response when used in extreme terrains. Has a robust six-ply construction that is resistance to puncture. Its compact design allows for the best grip in almost every location. Has a central knob that eliminates vibrations and gives a smooth ride.
- Lightweight and compact in design
- Improved steering handling
- Extra Traction
- Comes with a cover guard to protect the tire from dents
- Works for snow and mud environments
- Deep tread pattern that allows self-cleaning and vertical pitch
- Wears out easily
- Heavy during mounting
- If half its height is buried, you may get stuck
The manufacturer says it is durable and good on any terrain whether it is in mud, in the woods or any other rough terrain. These tires give good acceleration and traction. Handling vehicle fitted with ITP Mud lite tire is said to be precise. It has good ratings in the mud terrain category. Believed to be the first extreme terrain radial tire. It can be fitted both for front and rear use.
Also, a six-ply rated tire with immense durability regardless of where it is used. The tread patterns are deep and grooved for more traction and strength. Its angled lugs are so designed for better traction in muddy terrains. It is light and flexible with a clear trail tire handling and performance.
- It is the first extreme terrain radial tire
- It is a heavy duty tire with deep lugs and grooves that are angled for more strength
- Leaves a clear, smooth trail on almost any terrain
- Has a unique central tread that enables a smooth ride
- Bubbles may form on the sidewalls
- Does not perform well in pavements
- Rubber is thin on the sides making it vulnerable to flats
It is an all-purpose radial tire for UTVs and large 4X4s. Gets the aggressive look from its non-directional thread and spiked knobs that extend to the sidewalls. The threads and knobs give the vehicle maximum grip. Has a toughened rubber that has been used to make the tire cut and chip resistance. It has a long lifespan regardless of the terrain. It has a six-ply radial construction. Carlisle All Trail tire are also available for smaller machines such as lawn mowers and golf cart tires.
- Added Traction
- Little slippage
- Tires are made stiff to make them long lasting
- They can be used on pavement
- Tires tend to scuff on the side when taking corners
- May get stuck and hard to control in muddy areas
- Tread may hold gravel which may damage the fender
Ideal for all types of tracks with its high level of traction and durability. Regardless of the terrain, you are using, Sun.F A033 AV Tires will give you a comfortable ride. Also, a six-ply tread construction that provides extra load capacity. The specially manufactured rubber used increases the lifespan of the treads. Its non-directional treads are ideal for traction and floatation.
This is said to be an excellent choice for anyone who wants to add strength, aggressiveness, and size to the vehicle. Very manageable in mud or rocky surfaces. The dunny riders will enjoy their ride across the desert with Sun.F A003 tires. It has the best durability and strength properties in the harshest conditions. The tire can be purchased in a set of four, meaning you will not have to worry about tire replacements once you have them installed.
- Non-directional tread for
- Same set of tires applicable in all types of terrain
- Can be used in both soft and hard surfaces
- Exceptional floatation and deeper traction
- Extra lugs on the shoulder for sidewall and rim protection
- Stiff and rough handling even at minimal pressure.
- Quality construction offers a significant smooth ride over...
- Extra lugs on shoulder of tire to protect the sidewall and...
- Suitable for desert, mud, dirt and rock applications. Truly,...
- Rim(s) NOT included.
Last update on 2018-01-21 PST - Details
Wanda P341 is bought as a full set that consist of two front and two rear tires. Unique tread design that can fit well in many two and four wheels drive All-Terrain Vehicles. They are tubeless tires, so you don’t have to think about the mounting tubes. The tread has a V angle shape with wide gaps between the each tread. The V treading allows for better traction over a harsh terrain and self-cleaning. Has additional shoulder lugs for protecting the rim and sidewall.
Heavy plated 6ply nylon construction is suitable for the protection against puncture and abrasion. The tire gives the car more power for efficient handling. Wanda P341 adds stability to your vehicle because of its deeper threads, its close competitor Kanda Bear Claw and ITP Mudlite cannot match its deep treads. Once you buy a full set of Wanda P341, you will not have to worry about getting new tires anytime soon.
- Has super stability in rock, dirt, mud and any hard terrain
- Good grip on the road with easier handling when turning
- Bigger shoulder lugs that protect the rim and sidewalls
- Six-ply nylon construction gives it a long shelf life
- Tubeless no need for extra mounting of
- Some tires may not have the solid lugs as advertised
- Tire measurements vary in shops
- Libra Trailer Parts is the ONLY manufacturor authorized...
- Tread depth: 0.79" ; 25x8.00-12 (Rim Width: 6.5",...
- Directional "V" angled solid lug tread design with wide gaps...
- Heavy 6 ply rated nylon construction resists punctures and...
- 0.79" tread deepth! other simimar looking tires on market...
Last update on 2018-01-21 PST - Details
Our review here is meant to act as your quick guide to making an informed decision before buying what you think is the Best UTV Tires. I can vouch for Wanda P341 ATV/UTV Tires 25 x 8-12 Front & 25 x 10-12 Rear and Set of 4 Sun.F A033 ATV Tires 25x8-12 & 25x10-12 because of the distinct advantage of purchasing a complete set of tires at once. This is ideal especially if you do not want to think about replacement in the near future. Another factor should be the fact that you can replace a whole set at once to maintain balance and handling of the vehicle.
For the individual category, I recommend Kenda Bearclaw K299 ATV Tire - 25X8.00-12 because it is a huge tire but light in weighing. Its deep thread and self-cleaning ability make it more desirable. ITP Mud Lite AT Mud Terrain ATV Tire 25x8-12 has a major drawback which is the formation of bubbles after prolonged use. Carlisle All Trail II ATV Tire is ideal if you are in a place with different kinds of terrains.
It is clearly evident that there are many things that you need to consider when determining the type of tire best suits for your environment and car. I hope that I have been able to help you make a clearer choice based on the few reviews made here. When you decide to buy tires, my recommendation is that you purchase from a company that sells tires as a primary business or if you can, source the tires from the manufacturer. Buying it from the trusted sources may earn you a discount, but most importantly you will get enough support before you buy and after the sale.